News & Upcoming Events
- Next meeting: The next meeting of the IFIP WG 1.6 will be held at the first FSCD to be held in Porto, Portugal. The meeting is scheduled for Sunday, June 26.
- Members and Honorary Members: We are proud to announce the following esteemed colleagues as new honorary members: Franz Baader, Hubert Comon, Klaus Madlener, Tobias Nipkow, and Deepak Kaupur. Furthermore the following well-established colleagues join us as members: Takahito Aoto and Gilles Dowek.
- Next summer school: The 9th International School on Rewriting (ISR) will be held in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
IFIP Working Group 1.6 is one of working groups of the Technical Committee 1 of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). IFIP is the leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences. It is recognized by United Nations and other world bodies, represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions, covering all 5 continents with a total membership of over half a million.
WG 1.6 Aims
- To promote research efforts in rewriting and its applications.
- To establish close cooperation between existing groups and to facilitate the emergence of new ones.
- To increase awareness of rewriting techniques in the computer science community at large.
- To foster development of applications of theoretical advances.
WG 1.6 Scope
- Rewriting for computing and reasoning.
- Theoretical studies of the rewriting relation of different orders.
- Complexity issues of rewriting.
- Compilation techniques and applications.
- Theory and applications of rewriting logic and calculus.
- Application of rewriting to constraint solving, theorem proving and algebraic specifications.
- The design, promotion and teaching of rewrite based techniques and applications.