News & Upcoming Events
- Next meeting: The next meeting of the IFIP WG 1.6 will be held at the second FSCD to be held in Oxford, UK. The precise date to the meeting will be announce here and on the mailing list.
- Members and Honorary Members: We are proud to announce Pierre Lescanne as new honorary member. Furthermore Ashish Tiwari has joined us as member.
- Next summer school: The 9th International School on Rewriting (ISR) will be held in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
IFIP Working Group 1.6 is one of working groups of the Technical Committee 1 of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). IFIP is the leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences. It is recognized by United Nations and other world bodies, represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions, covering all 5 continents with a total membership of over half a million.
WG 1.6 Aims
- To promote research efforts in rewriting and its applications.
- To establish close cooperation between existing groups and to facilitate the emergence of new ones.
- To increase awareness of rewriting techniques in the computer science community at large.
- To foster development of applications of theoretical advances.
WG 1.6 Scope
- Rewriting for computing and reasoning.
- Theoretical studies of the rewriting relation of different orders.
- Complexity issues of rewriting.
- Compilation techniques and applications.
- Theory and applications of rewriting logic and calculus.
- Application of rewriting to constraint solving, theorem proving and algebraic specifications.
- The design, promotion and teaching of rewrite based techniques and applications.